The Seattle Scottish Highland Games Association, a non-profit (c)(4) group, was formed in 1947 by a local group of prominent Scots. The Association provided this group of fellow Scots a means of keeping their ethnic origin alive as well as stimulating an interest in Scottish Highland Games through Scottish dancing, piping, drumming and athletic competition. Listed among the first patrons were Emil Sick, Governor Arthur Langlie, Mayor William Devine and John L. Scott.
The first “Seattle Scottish Highland Games” were held in the West Seattle Stadium. Since that time the Highland Games have become a true Pacific Northwest event, thus the name change in 1980 to the “Pacific Northwest Scottish Highland Games & Clan Gathering.” Our other sites have included Bothell, Burien, Everett, Fort Lewis, Kirkland, Renton, the Seattle Center and now the Enumclaw Expo Center in Enumclaw.