Pacific NW Scottish Highland Games & Clan Gathering
Scotland Comes To The Pacific Northwest!
July 21, 22, and 23, 2023
Enumclaw Expo Center
45224 – 284th Avenue SE
Enumclaw, Washington 98022
No Pets Allowed In The Enumclaw Expo Center
unable to present the scottish farm at the 2022 Games.
We will be unable to present this venue at the 2022 Games. We hope to have this committee return in 2023. Please contact our Volunteer Chair 3rd quarter 2022 if interested in helping next year and be a part of our Clan SSHGA!
We plan on the scottish Farm returning in 2023.
The Scottish farm, or Croft, needed to sustain not only the family who worked the land and cared for their livestock, but also needed to provide enough product to pay their taxes to their leige Laird. They had little so consequently utilized every bit of what they did have. Life was hard and unforgiving; every member played their part. The cat kept the mice from the food stores, the dog helped the farmer (‘crofter‘) herd the sheep, the wife carded, spun and wove the wool into cloth and the pony carted their goods to market.
- SEE traditional farm animals and learn more about them: Highland cattle, Blackface sheep, Shetland geese, Old-spot pigs, Welsh horses, and Shetland ponies.
- TALK with experienced organic farmers and discover how livestock can help you farm the natural way! Gather information, ideas, and resources to inspire your own farming adventure, be it large or small!
- WATCH spinning and weaving demonstrations as fiber artists create homespun woolen yarn and fabric. Please DO touch interesting items at our hands-on display tables.
- PARTICIPATE in various hands-on activities and learn essential farm skills: wool working, leather craft, horn & bone utensils, rope making, and food preparation.
- CREATE and take home a unique keepsake of your Highland Games experience!
- “Fuzzy Fun”—pick, card, spin, braid, and weave wool fiber into fabric
- “Leather & Lace”—punch, tool, and sew leather into sporrans and shoes.
- “Everything but the Moo”—polish and finish horn and bone into containers, buttons, and crooks.
- “Twister Marathon”—team up to twist twine into sturdy rope as you ‘walk’ the rope maker
- “Field to Food”—grind, churn, and crank your way to home-made flour, butter, and ice cream using old-fashioned (non-electric) farm kitchen equipment!
Join Clan SSHGA Today! You'll Be Glad You Did!
Due to the CoVid-19 pandemic and the logistics of sponsoring an international event the 2020 and 2021 PNW Scottish Highland Games and Clan Gathering were cancelled. We are continuing to solicit donations to help us defray our operating costs of the past two years which included but were not limited to internet, phone, etc. and our biggest expense multiple storerooms where the “Games” are stored. This journey has been a struggle but with your help we can navigate and survive these unprecedented times and go into the 2022 solvent and whole! YOU are appreciated. Thank you!